We welcome Bachelor and Master students to write their thesis at the Institute for Marketing and Customer Insight. We generally offer students a choice from a variety of topics for bachelor’s or master’s theses.
Bachelor & Master Theses
Students can find the topics in the list below. If we do not have a suitable topic advertised, a proactive application is possible. Please familiarize yourself with the research areas of our professors and PhD students and address your proposal (see questions below) to the person who best fits your research project. Supervision of topics from outside this list is possible only to a limited extent.
Before you begin, please make sure that you fulfill the following requirements:
- Make sure you know and comply with the rules and regulations of the Dean’s Advisory Office concerning your specific program.
- Be ready to start working on your thesis (more than 50% share of work time per week) within the next three months.
- Be willing and actively plan to complete your thesis within nine months after you’ve started your work.
If you fulfill the above requirements, we invite you to continue with the application process.
What strategic and operational impacts, challenges, and opportunities do the legal adjustments (GDPR, DSG) have on the tracking and monitoring of Swiss and/or EU digital marketing teams?
What strategies can digital marketing teams apply to continue collecting relevant digital user data?
Based on which aspects can the level of marketing agility of marketing teams be identified?
What opportunities and challenges do agile marketing teams face?
How “agile” are Swiss marketing teams?
The market for small donations for NPOs is extremely competitive and hardly growing. However, there is still significant potential in the area of patronage and major donation marketing. In particular, the opportunities offered by digitalization and the individualization of donation marketing have not yet been sufficiently exploited. How can major donors and projects be connected efficiently, trustworthily and on a personal level?
- Fill out the form below: This form requires you to write a first draft of your outline. To ensure a successful outcome, we ask you to take enough time to do this and follow our guidelines.
- Confirmation e-mail: As soon as you submit your details you will receive a confirmation email.
- Feedback on the Evaluation: You will receive feedback on your outline, including the decision on whether or not we will supervise your thesis. Please bear in mind that we cannot accept all applications since we have limited capacity.
- Appointment: hould you receive positive feedback: meeting & completion of your outline. As a general rule, “feedback” takes the form of an invitation to a personal appointment with your future supervisor. After this meeting, you will revise and resubmit your outline draft along with your filled-out and signed sign-up sheet (see Dean’s Advisory Office web pages) via email to your supervisor. We will print out your registration form, physically sign it and return it to you so that you can submit it to the Dean’s Advisory Office. On request, this can also be done by email.