SWISSCOM is the leading telecommunications company and one of the leading IT companies in Switzerland, headquartered in Ittigen near the capital Bern. The Swiss government owns 51% of its shares. SWISSCOM is one of the most sustainable and innovative companies in Switzerland. It offers mobile and landline telephony, internet, and digital TV services to business and residential customers. In 2022, over 19,000 employees generated revenues of CHF 11,112 million. SWISSCOM has set itself the goal of further consolidating its position as the market leader in Switzerland and as a key provider in the market for IT services. It forms the digital backbone of Switzerland and prides itself on providing the best customer experience.
For SWISSCOM, the Institute for Marketing and Customer Insight at the University of St.Gallen has designed a tailored Certificate of Advanced Studies: The “CAS Digital Transformation & Customer Solutions (HSG)”. In a conceptual phase, the training was tailored to the individual needs of SWISSCOM. The resulting modules provide up-to-date and practice-oriented learning content in the six areas of Customer Experience Management, Digital Business Models, Data & Technology, Digital Products & Services, Digital Transformation and Creating Digital Customer Solutions. Each module combines state-of-the-art HSG knowledge with tech deep dives presented by SWISSCOM experts. Together, HSG lecturers and SWISSCOM experts create an innovative learning experience. The transfer into participants’ daily work is ensured through a combination of input lectures and interactive formats during the modules, as well as preparation and follow-up tasks. In addition, participants work in groups on real customer cases as part of individual learning transfers and a moderated group project. This ensures the immediate transfer of knowledge into the day-to-day work of SWISSCOM already during the training.
- Creation of a common mindset about digital transformation and customer solutions among the responsible employees in Enterprise Sales & Service at SWISSCOM
- Acquisition of customized knowledge about the opportunities of digital transformation
- Interactive testing of tools to seize these opportunities at SWISSCOM
- Group work on real customer cases to develop innovative digital customer solutions
- Empowerment to constructively discuss digital transformation with corporate customers and to connect their challenges with the solutions of SWISSCOM and its partners
- Strengthening the sense of responsibility for the success of SWISSCOM and its customers among employees in Enterprise Sales & Services
“The ‘CAS Digital Transformation & Customer Solutions (HSG)’ was created specifically for Swisscom and Enterprise Sales & Services. This is because the telco and IT solutions business is changing substantially due to global hyperscalers and software as a service providers – and with it our current business model and our future revenues and earnings. If we want to remain relevant at the customer interface, we must increasingly learn to sell business value and not primarily technology. This requires relevant content and credibility in our customers’ buying centers. The CAS of the Institute for Marketing and Customer Insight is designed to support us in this essential transformation.”
CSO, Head Sales & Services Business Customers, SWISSCOM