The vision of the Institute for Marketing and Customer Insight is: “We are one of the leading marketing research institutes in Europe, which
(1) generates relevant knowledge in the fields of marketing management & customer insight and
(2) distributes this to the relevant stakeholders (students in initial and executive education and managers in practice) using innovative formats.”
To achieve these goals, the following guiding principles of the Institute’s work have been defined:
1. Customers, companies, politics and society as stakeholders: We make scientific contributions that create sustainable benefits for customers, companies, politics and society.
2. Holistic market orientation – From Insight to Impact: The starting point of our research are relevant challenges in the reality of marketing as well as of customers. We understand marketing as market-oriented and market-driven corporate management as well as comprehensive customer orientation. We pursue a topic-focused and problem-adequate integrative orientation. We conduct research that is highly recognised internationally in science, practice and society. We aim to publish our findings in the leading journals of our disciplines.
3. Innovation in knowledge transfer: We develop innovations in knowledge transfer. This concerns both teaching in university initial education and in executive education. We strive to connect learning processes of science and practice as well as of teachers and learners.
4. Promotion of women: We make special efforts to promote the academic careers of women in the discipline of marketing.
5. Entrepreneurship: Our institute is managed in an entrepreneurial way: The project portfolio should be productive in terms of content and commercially successful or have an impact in the respective markets.